Saturday, May 17, 2014

Painting Furniture

Normally, I prefer to leave things as they are.  I like the aged look of a piece of walnut, the distressed marks on old oak, etc.  But some pieces just can't be saved any other way.  Out comes the paint brushes.

Forgot to take a photo before I painted the drawers.  Old sloppy stain was nasty and refinishing it would have made it too costly.


And.....look at it now!

I used a slate like blue that I bought at Lowe's.  I love going through their bin of "boo-boo" paint i.e. Miss-tinted paints that are discounted.  Sometimes that is a great deal!  

This drum table's top had old oil stains and the metal feet were missing.





Sweet piece now isn't it?

I have a bed frame that I may paint to go with it.  Would make a cute bedroom set wouldn't it?  Maybe I will paint it Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment